· Continue the colour by replacing summer bedding with autumn flowering plants and spring bulbs.
· The days may be getting shorter and cooler but new plants will still need watering.
· Whilst the nights may be cool your greenhouse can still get very warm during the day. Don’t forget to ventilate.
· September is an excellent time to start sowing lawns. The warm soil and overnight dews give the seed a perfect start.
· Clumps of congested perennials can be lifted and divided at this time of year.
· Give your greenhouse / cold frame a good wash ready for autumn.