· Collect the fallen leaves from your roses. This way you won’t carry diseases over to next year.
· This is the best time of year to move shrubs and conifers that are in the wrong place or have outgrown their current position.
· Install a water butt and start collecting rain. Next year you can water your plants for free.
· Wrap grease bands around your fruit trees to protect them from winter moth.
· Plant spring bedding plants such as pansies, forget-me-nots, wallflowers & primula.
· Insulate your outdoor taps and pipes before the winter cold arrives.
· Build a pile of logs for beneficial insects and animals to hibernate in.
· Move your more tender plants into the greenhouse.
· Harvest apples and pears.
· Autumn is a good time to divide overgrown clumps of perennials and rhubarb.